We know you all love Cornwall and its environment, just like we do, so here's what we do in support of local sustainability, and a few things that you can do to help!
Duchy Holidays - What we do
- We promise that all our printed materials, like our brochure, use sustainably sourced paper - either recycled or certified FSC
- We recycle our waste card and paper with a local colection
- We use local suppliers whenever we can to support our local economy - from the ingredients of our welcome hampers, to the designers and printers that produce our brochure
- We can give you local bus timetables if you want to make use of public transport instead of the car
Visitors - what you can do
- Please make use the local recycling kerbside collections and banks. The recycling bank for Perranporth is in Wheal Leisure car park
- Why not try the bus while you're here instead of taking the car out every day? Pop in to our office and pick up a bus timetable. Regular services to Newquay and Truro. Don't worry we will help you decipher the timetables!
- Use our local businesses! We have two great butchers here in Perranporth and a greengrocer - we can tell you where to find them.
- Have you turned off all the lights, radios etc when you head out for the day? If you're planning a picnic or BBQ out remember to take a bin bag to take your rubbish home.
- Bringing a four-legged friend? There are plenty of dog waste bins in Perranporth village and by the beach so make sure you scoop the poop!
Property Owners - what you can do
- Are there all the correct recycling bins at your property? Make it easy for your guests.
- Have you installed energy saving lightbulbs? These are an easy win and they save you money too!
- If you have a garden a water butt will help conserve water when it's needed in the summer to keep your lawn luscious